LIFELINE – Nationwide Leading Medical Alert System Provider, more than 7.5 Million people protected 24/7/365
Our team of Secret Shoppers, Product Testers, Reviewers & Editors found absolutely nothing to contradict what millions have already said – Lifeline (formerly Philips Lifeline) is the premier provider of Medical Alert Systems in North America.
Lifeline offers innovative technology, including in-home and GPS-enabled units, but their commitment to customer service makes them stand out from other medical alert systems on the market. Call center associates receive 80-hours of specialized training and continued one-on-one coaching to ensure every team member meets Lifeline’s high customer service standards.
Convenience is key in today’s world, and Lifeline delivers with convenient online ordering. Every step of the process is available online, and every unit comes with a handy ‘Buy now’ button that makes adding items to your cart easy. You even have the option of choosing self-installation or a professional installation as part of the checkout process.
Not everyone is confident about which system is the best choice. If you aren’t sure which system to choose, or if you have any questions at all, a sales consultant is available from 8am to 8pm EST. Simply give them a call, and a live rep will answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide you with a recommendation.
If you’re internet-savvy, they’ve got you covered there too. An online chat means you can get your questions answered while you’re browsing the website without the need to call in. An online form is also available if your questions aren’t pressing and you’d rather wait to hear back from someone at a later time. You can also research your options more in-depth by checking out their online buying advice.
In short, Lifeline has covered all their bases when it comes to creating a quick, easy, and confident shopping experience.
Equipment & Setup9.8/10
Lifeline offers a complete range of medical alert system options:
At Home (Inside the home):
- HomeSafe Standard – A traditional medical alert system option. It provides you with protection at home, and it comes in both landline and cellular options. Button-device options include a lightweight pendant or wristband.
- HomeSafe with AutoAlert – Includes the “HomeSafe Standard” equipment, except the pendant is fall detection enabled, which means if you fall and are unable to press your button, a help call will still be sent to the Response Center when a fall is detected so help can be dispatched quickly.
On the Go (Inside and outside the home):
- On the Go – A single-device pendant system includes advanced GPS locator technology, fall detection, and two-way voice communication capabilities. This device ensures you have fast access to help whenever and wherever you need it.
The pendant offered in any of Lifeline’s plans is safe to wear in the shower, where falls are most common.
Cost & Value9.6/10
Lifeline, formerly Philips Lifeline, offers exceptional value, which is why 7.5 million people choose their medical alert service. With a variety of units, you can choose the unit that fits your needs and your budget.
Equipment features a wide range of operation, immediate two-way voice communication, and pendants that are water proof up to one meter of water for a full 30 minutes. In addition, equipment features long-lasting batteries that are automatically replaced by Lifeline, so you never have to worry about the functionality of your button.
They have a generous return policy of 30 days, enabling you to thoroughly test the unit before making a commitment. Without any long term-contracts, you can cancel your service at any time without worrying about cancellation fees.
Lifeline keeps things simple with monthly payments starting at $29.95. If you want to make sure your system is set up properly, you also have the choice to pay to have your system professionally installed. That can provide peace of mind to less tech-savvy seniors.
Monitoring & Reputation9.7/10
- Lifeline Cares is the evolution of Lifeline. We want to support people along the aging journey. Lifeline Cares enables care circles to stay in touch, to have and share relevant information about their older loved one, and see interactions with the Lifeline service.
- Lifeline Cares helps to keep everyone on the same page, and aims to lessen the stress and burden that families can feel when caring for an aging family member.
- We know that as Caregiving in the US evolves, there can be many people involved in someone’s care. Lifeline looks to grow beyond the senior, and support their entire support system.
Lifeline is the number one medical alert system when it comes to seniors served and it is recommended by over 200,000 medical providers. They were the first to offer a medical alert system in North America, which means they have been in business for over 45 years.
They have an impressive 4.6/5 star rating with over 1,500 positive customer reviews. They are accredited with the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs, the MedicAlert Foundation, and the Visiting Nurse Association of America.
Friendly personnel is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365-days a year, and they are ready to assist you within just 12 seconds. Call centers are based in North America, but more impressively, call center associates receive 80-hours of gerontology and stress management training, and all response technicians receive one-on-one coaching to ensure they offer industry-leading support.
In addition, you are in complete control when it comes to how you’re helped. Instead of emergency services being automatically dispatched to your location, a neighbor, caregiver, or family member could come to your aid first, depending on your preferences.
- Flexibility to create your own response plan
- Landline and cellular connection options
- Extensively trained call center associates
- Mobile locating technology includes advanced GPS, Wi-Fi, and intelligent bread-crumbs
- 30-day, risk-free trial
- Rechargeable battery in mobile pendant lasts up to 2-3 days on a single charge and can even charge while you’re wearing it
- No hidden taxes or fees
- No enrollment fee
- No long-term contracts
- No cancellation fees
If you’re looking for a trusted medical alert system with a proven track record of providing industry-leading service, turn to Lifeline. With over 45 years in business, over 1,500 positive customer reviews, and multiple industry accreditations, you can trust you’ll receive the support you need with the touch of a button.