Medical Guardian – InHome’s Choice for Best Medical Alert System of 2018
Our team of secret shoppers, product testers, and scoring analysts assessed more than 20 of the leading Medical Alert Systems on the market. In the end, Medical Guardian placed #1 for Best Medical Alert System of 2018. Perhaps more impressive, Medical Guardian set record high scores in two of our four rating categories – something not seen before in our six years of Medical Alert Systems testing.
In ranking Medical Guardian, three key findings propelled them to the #1 spot on our list.
- Best-in-class Customer Service – Our testing included more than 15 phone calls to their Customer Care Center – from shopping and purchasing a system, to testing our unit with their call center, to questions regarding billing, to making changes to our systems and packages. Medical Guardian’s Customer Care team (which they call “Life Safety Consultants” and “Customer Care Specialists”) handled each of our scenarios flawlessly.
- Record Response Time – Record benchmarks were set with “button-push” tests, as we were consistently connected with an expertly-trained emergency operator in Medical Guardian’s US-based Emergency Call Center immediately.
- Best Overall Value – Put simply, you cannot find a better medical alert system for any price. With Medical Guardian, you get both. Their systems are priced at under $30 per month.
Medical Guardian receives InHome’s full endorsement as the best choice for a Medical Alert System.
Medical Guardian overview (3-minute video)
Shopping Experience is one of our 4 ranking criteria and our secret shoppers were unanimous in their praise of Medical Guardian.
Common descriptors used by our shoppers were “highly knowledgeable”, “low-pressure”, and “extremely helpful.” In our Secret Shopping scenarios, we describe multiple situations and rank according to the customer care professional’s ability to map a system to our needs. This is one of the two categories where a new benchmark was set – a perfect 5/5 in each call. They make practical recommendations directly tied to the individual’s particular needs.
Medical Guardian’s website offers easy-to-understand language when describing the features and benefits of their various Medical Alert System solutions. If you’re not sure of which options to choose, Medical Guardian has a handy free Risk Assessment online tool to help. It walks you through a series of basic questions that takes about 2 minutes and then makes recommendations based on your answers. We highly recommend using this tool. If you’d rather speak with a live person, Medical Guardian has specially trained Life Safety Consultants standing by to help customize a plan that caters to your specific needs.
For Medical Guardian, functionality comes first.
They want you to get immediate access to trained experts whenever you need help. To do that, they have engineered all their emergency buttons to be easily visible. You won’t have to fumble around looking for the right button to push.
They have an excellent range of product choices for In-Home or On-The-Go:
In-Home [Protection in the home]:
- Classic Guardian (Lowest Cost) – tethered to a land line (with a range of up to 1,300 feet)
- Home Guardian (Best Value) – tethered to a cell line (with a range of up to 600 feet)
- Family Guardian (Most Advanced) – tethered to a cell line (with a range of up to 1,300 feet), also includes activity monitoring via in-home safety sensors (learn more by watching the “90-second video” below)
On-The-Go [Protection in and outside of the home]:
- Mobile Guardian (Most Popular) – GPS enabled, 24-hour battery life, microphone & speaker built into the device for two-way voice communication
- Active Guardian NEW! – Most impressive Medical Alert System we have tested. Medical Guardian’s newest system, Active Guardian, boasts the most advanced technology found in a medical alert system to date. The device functions the same as their Mobile Guardian system, except it also includes fall detection, 5-day battery life, Wi-Fi capability, and offers a more sleek and modern look.
All their systems are simple to setup and operate: plug in, make a test call, and go. In today’s world of complicated technology, we found this refreshing. While functionality is the most important part of any medical alert system, having attractive equipment is important as well. The more attractive the equipment, the more likely you or a loved one is going to place it in an easy-to-access area of the home or take it with you. Medical Guardian is keenly aware of this as evidenced by the simple and elegant design of their base units and wearables (pendant or wristband). Their On-The-Go systems are light, yet durable. Their pendants and wristbands are sporty and youthful.
Medical Guardian incorporates fall detection capabilities in an approach we applaud. Instead of offering a specific system for fall detection, Medical Guardian offers it as an option for almost every system. This provides much more flexibility to the user when choosing a system and is also something that can be added on later with a simple phone call, as opposed to swapping out systems.
Family Guardian overview (90-second video)
Medical Guardian is determined to provide an affordable medical alert system for your needs. They’re passionate about keeping you safe in your own home.
To do that, they offer fair pricing, multiple package options, and various budget plans. Plans start at $27.45 per month. Generous discounts are available and every merchant we allow to offer product through our website agrees to the InHome Lowest Price Promise – you will not find a better deal. Period. Medical Guardian plans come with:
- Free equipment
- Price lock guarantees
- No long-term contracts
- No activation fees
- No hidden fees
Today, when it comes to real value, nothing can beat customer care call centers that are based here in the United States. Medical Guardian does that. That’s real value. When we get older, our hearing can go sideways. It’s nice to be able to talk to someone who can easily understand us, and who we can easily understand.
With Medical Guardian, if there’s an emergency, there will be immediate help on the other end of the line – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They are committed CSAA Five Diamond Certified emergency operators.
They’re widely respected and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. They have been endorsed by the Underwriters’ Laboratory, The Monitoring Association, Factory Mutual, and the U.S. Department of Defense, among others.
They’re good, and they frequently receive customer comments like these:
- “You saved my life.”
- “Your technology is simple to understand and use.”
- “Your product has allowed me to continue to live alone in my home.”
- “I like being able to take your system wherever I go.”
- “It’s a comfort knowing that when I need help, with your system I can get it right away.”
Nationwide, Medical Guardian is the #1 top-ranked medical alert provider and offers the most complete medical alert system on the market.
Geoff Gross, CEO of Medical Guardian gave this exclusive interview to InHome. Mr. Gross has established a company culture with a focus on the customer. It’s just one of the reasons they are our #1 Pick for Best Overall Medical Alert System for 2018
The outstanding stuff:
- Easily our Choice for the Best Medical Alert System Provider for 2018
- Top-notch customer care service
- UL certified equipment
- Easy to install & use
- Monthly, quarterly, and yearly price options
- No “garbage” fees
Our wish list – we would love to get both the pendant and wristband as standard equipment.
Our final thoughts – a company has to have a lot of good things going for it in order to make it to the top of any BEST list. Medical Guardian has it all.