The Most Trusted Name in Home Security for more than a Century – Guaranteed BEST PRICE in the U.S. on all ADT Home Security Solutions
Find other life alert reviews here! ADT has been one of the most trusted names in Home Security for decades. InHome tested ADT’s Home Security Systems via the nation’s largest Authorized Dealer of ADT Home Security, SafeStreets USA. ADT achieved high scores in each category.
When a company enjoys a stellar reputation such as ADT’s, the InHome team dives in to make sure that reputation is well-earned through exceptional service – not just spending the most advertising dollars.
Our Secret Shoppers (companies being reviewed do not know it is InHome on the other end of the line) put ADT to the test by making a variety of phone calls to their Customer Service team, each detailed with a specific scenario that is common of consumers. Upon conclusion of our Secret Shopping, we found that every call made with each scenario was handled with both exceptional knowledge and care by each of the ADT representatives we spoke with.
The consensus among our Shopping Team was that ADT representatives took the time to listen to their needs, ask the right questions, and guide our Secret Shopper to the best solution to meet their needs. Not surprisingly, we did not find this to be the case with the majority of Home Security providers and we believe this is one of the very reasons why ADT has become synonymous with Home Security for so long. ADT wants to have a direct relationship with every one of their home security clients and our Secret Shoppers made it clear that ADT put their needs first each and every time.
InHome’s team also used ADT’s web form – quickly filling out the form and submitting – and found the experience to be identical to that of a phone call made, with the exception that the ADT rep had done a bit of homework before calling when they had received a form – an approach that’s refreshing in an age where many consumers feel like a number.
Whether our Secret Shoppers called ADT directly or completed a web form to get a quick quote – the experience was both consistent and excellent – InHome found the ADT Customer reps to be knowledgeable, friendly, patient, and low-pressure.
Equipment & Setup8.7/10
We expected ADT’s equipment to be first-rate – what we did not expect was the amount of FREE equipment included. Most Home Security providers offer nice extras, but with ADT we were given more than $800 in free and highly valuable equipment – a welcome surprise. The core equipment hits the mark in what’s required in a top Home Security System:
- Control Panel: Features a push-button design and a small screen that allows you to control the operation of your security system.
- Keychain Remote & Panic button: Allows you to arm/disarm/panic your system without using the control panel or a cellular device.
- Door and Window Sensors: Comes with just a few door and window sensors, so you’ll likely want to add a few more to your system at an additional cost.
- Motion Detector: Using infrared technology, it can recognize intruders in your home, and filters for large pets.
- Siren: Located indoors, it sounds a loud alarm that immediately notifies your family of an intrusion, and scares the intruder away.
- Decals: Signs and decals for your property deter criminals before they even attempt to break in.
- Automation & Control Monitoring: Arm and disarm your home security system, control lights, and temperature or watch security video on your tablet or smartphone.
We found the entire ADT system to be what we wanted in a Home Security System – visible where it should be to deter potential criminals, yet low-profile inside of one’s home. We had our ADT system professionally installed – something we believe is the correct choice for any Home Security System. While there are many DIY (do it yourself) Security systems available, InHome strongly suggests consumers steer clear of such solutions as criminals are wise to the weaknesses of these systems and have been known to target residences where they know simple solutions can be defeated. To be clear, ADT or any of the systems InHome recommends do not fall into that category. We found our installer to be highly professional and was happy to answer any and all of our questions. Upon completion of installation, the ADT representative first tested, then walked us through the system, ensuring we were comfortable that our home was indeed secure prior to departing. The installation experience matched that of our shopping experience – consistently excellent and tailored to our needs.
Cost & Value8.5/10
Few providers make it easier than ADT to afford a Home Security System – we found pricing and payment options to be both flexible and simple to understand. It is clear ADT strives to make Home Security available to families with a variety of budgets. We should note, that upon completion of our testing we shared with ADT our Secret Shopping as well as all other testing results, including the $800 in free equipment our Secret Shoppers were offered. ADT took note and has provided us with a promo code – “InHome” – which visitors to this site can use when signing up for service.
Service contracts range from 24 to 36 months. Depending on where you live, local permit fees may be required, so it’s best you speak with a customer service representative about the various costs that may apply to your specific situation.
Monitoring & Reputation9.0/10
The combination of ADT’s monitoring technology, call centers, and a long history of service earned them this solid score.
ADT has more than 6.5 million customers, 6 monitoring centers, and nearly 17,000 employees serving the U.S.
It is difficult for companies to stay competitive year after year, but ADT continues to stay on top by doing the same great job every single day. In fact, each of our Secret Shoppers was offered installation and service on the same day they called. That’s something not found often and just another reason ADT comes highly recommended as one of the best home security systems of 2018.
The Outstanding Stuff
- Equipment & monitoring services
- Easy-to-use mobile app for remote monitoring
- Highly knowledgeable customer service reps
- Professional installation costs covered for InHome visitors via the exclusive $100 Visa Gift card offer made available through October
- $850 in free equipment
- $100 Visa gift card
- Same-day or next-day installation available
- Prices start at only $36.99 per month for professional monitoring
- 6-month money back guarantee
Our Wish List
- Ability to complete transaction online via chat functionality